Monday, January 23, 2017

Cooks: Better Barbecue Sauce

If you have been reading for a while, you may have realized I don't do convenience foods a lot.
I always felt like I was making really good choices when it came to the foods my family ate.
Then I began looking at labels. Ugh. 
Every label you look at has sugar in it.
I am not talking natural sugars. I am talking sugars added in, the ones you see in the list of ingredients. And all the different names for sugars. So sneaky.

In an effort to cut back on sugars, and maintain my weight loss I've been slowly but surely making  salad dressings, ketchup and now barbecue sauce! 

Mmmm. Barbecue sauce! 
We've used this for dipping chicken in it, or even put it on a burger.
Either way, it is delish! 


1 cup tomato sauce (No Salt or Sugar Added) OR 2 cans  of tomato paste
4 tbsp acv
1 tbsp braggs liquid aminos
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
1 tsp liquid smoke
1tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 packets Stevia in the Raw
1/8 sea salt

Simmer all ingredients at a medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
(I used the two cans of paste, so it is thick. When I want a thinner sauce I just mix with a little water!)

Wondering what some of the ingredients are?
Liquid Aminos tastes like soy sauce. 
Liquid Smoke  gives you that smokey barbecue taste
Stevia In The Raw a plant based sweetener

Please note, I am an amazon affiliate and if you decide to order after clicking my link, 
I will receive compensation at no cost to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!