Monday, January 9, 2017

Cooks: Healthy Homemade Ketchup

One of my resolutions this year is to maintain my weight loss, 72 pounds. 
One way of doing that is to not fall into old habits.
If you eat the way you've always eaten, well you will look the way you have always looked!

The program I followed to lose the weight, has you do it in phases. 
You get ready, you lose, you maintain and then you move on to life.
I am in the life phase. 
What that means is I continue to eat the food from the losing and maintaining phases plus I can start introducing other foods. When the scale goes up, the foods become "indulgences" when the scale maintains they can become daily happenings.

With all that said, let's get to the recipe!
This recipe is for any phase of the program I did. 
If you would like to learn more about how I've lost, 
and now maintaining my weight; friend me on Facebook!


Healthy Homemade Ketchup:

6 oz can tomato paste
1/3 c water
2 tbpn apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 packets Stevia in the Raw
Pinch of Cayenne pepper

Mix all but last two ingredients together. Add one packet Stevia in the raw, add pinch of cayenne if you'd like, taste. If you like a sweeter ketchup add second packet Stevia in the raw.

If you are using this in P2, a little can be used without counting as a vegetable portion. If you are eating a lot, then you should count as some of your vegetable

Enjoy! This can also be enjoyed in other phases, the possibilities are endless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!